Sunday 28 March 2010

a year later...

a year later...

... and it's all the same. There's not a morning I wake up without her on my mind. I never go to sleep without thinking about her. When I'm alone I'm loudly calling out her name or crying over her pictures. When people are laughing I just think about her. When people are small talking I just think about her. I still find myself unable to believe she is gone, unable to compute her absence. In the busy streets, I see her in women that bear any small similarity to her. When I watch TV there will always be something to remind me of her. When I look around in my house there is always something that reminds me of her. When I look in the mirror I see her. When I dream I see her. When I'm working I think of her. When people talk about their mums I feel sick. When I talk to my family I feel her absence even more. When it's holidays or birthdays I want her to be there. To tell her how much I love her. How much I miss to see her. People come and go. Sometimes they just go. Should tell people that you love them whenever the opportunity arises for it might literally be the last one. I miss my soul mate. The need to repeat these things over and over again. Searching and searching.

but...

... I can now sometimes have sex without thinking about her. I am rediscovering my libido. I am optimistic about the future. I have moments of happiness. I am fully inspired. I have started taking care of my body. I am becoming driven again, confident in myself, and interested in people. I feel once more empowered by the fact that I have survived and integrated such pain in my life. I know there's still a lot of pain to process ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment