Thursday 29 July 2010

Ode (circa 2000)

Had I known, that you knew, that I was you, and wished you were me,
wished you could wear my shoes, which you had always worn only to find
that I should remember to remind you to remember to tell me that I told you
once that we would reach a point where we’d forget each other and we’d
forget that we forgot that we had forgotten that we were these two
schizophrenic twins writing long meaningless poems whose
meaninglessness meant so much, that we meant to be meaningless in our
tiring restlessness, losing our indispensable sleeplessness just to stay
awake singing our tuneless pathetic songs which were so harmonic and in
their unbearable dissonance would visualise the time we would stop writing but
still it has not come, but you have come, and maybe we can start all over
again!

(Some things never change. Love and patience young Padawan.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey man. It's good to see you writing again. I hope you are well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete